Friday, March 11, 2011

Caf-Pow



 Today started for me at 5:30am with both girls awake and add in a couple of Sofie feeds at 11pm and 3am, and you might say i am a little tired!
Its definitely been one of those days that i've relied heavily on the caffeine!

Its pouring with rain (AGAIN) as i type and the kids are creating mess and destruction in the lounge as per their usual afternoon routine and Sofie is napping so i'm having some ME time! 
Something that feels very rare these days.

Although actually i tell a lie, because last night i had 2 whole hours of alone, me time! (Well i shared it with a few other ladies at my sewing class) but it was wonderful to just have that break from the regular house mummy duties! 
We didn't actually get to the sewing part last night but i have my patterns cut out and pinned and next week i will get to christen my new sewing machine that is still sitting in its box in the cupboard and actually start sewing something all by myself, i'm very excited actually.

I think i'll run a nice hot bath when the husband gets home and have an early night with the littlest baby girl snuggled up with me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't imagine how you found time to organize a sewing group. I bought a new machine shortly before I had Kate, and I only dig it out to mend things and to sew on scout badges. I wish I had time to work on sewing, and I don't even have a baby. Any time I bring out the machine, the kids just flock around me and get in the way. If I try to do a pattern, they are all over the fabric. I just don't have enough time after they're in bed. Nick and Jessica often don't settle down until about 10 p.m., even though they are supposed to be in their rooms by 9 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe nah i didn't organise it A, i'm just attending lessons at a place up the road. I wanted to do something to give me a break and a new hobby so sewing it is! Its 2 hours every week, should be good!

    ReplyDelete