Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sofie @ 6 Months

I looked at the date today and realised, my baby is now 6 months.

I'm sad and deliriously happy all in one. Sad that its all going too fast, but happy that i'm spending my days with this gorgeous little girl. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I've been a bit slack with the updates but i think thats just the life of the 3rd child. She is doing everything she should be doing and i have no concerns, although i'd like it if her sleep routine improved.

She likes to lull me into a false sense of security with sleeping through for a week or so and then wham we are back to feeding a couple times in the night.

I think she is ready to not be wrapped to be honest. She gets her arms out so easily now and stays asleep okay once i've got her down but i'm finding it hard to actually get her to go to sleep if she isn't wrapped. Have tried the one arm in and one arm out thing and that doesn't really work so i'm going to try cold turkey and see how that goes.

She is slowly starting on solids, she is the least interested of my 3 and i'm not pushing it, i have noticed the last few days she is getting more interested in it all but she much prefers chewing/sucking on crusts and bread etc than any of the pureed foods, so am hoping to do a combination of baby led weaning, once she is sitting up.

I have no weight stats but my nurse is coming Thursday so will get them then but she is becoming a little chunky thing so there is no concern.

I stopped breastfeeding about a month ago now and transitioned onto Bellamys Organic and she has really, really started to develop weight wise, she is getting little fat rolls and its super cute.

She laughs, she giggles, she poops and eats and sleeps. Pretty normal baby in my books.

All in all she is such a gorgeous little thing, happy and adjustable to different routines.

Its certainly been a wonderful 6 months, i'm still feeling the love for it all, the good and the bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment