Monday, May 2, 2011

Yummy in my tummy

Vegetable Pancakes (taste.com)

I decided a couple of months or so back that along with meal planning i was going to also give up on buying all the packaged food snacks and make everything from scratch.

I've tried meal planning before but never stuck at it for much longer than a pay period (fortnightly) but this time its going brilliantly. It saves money best of all and is much healthier and with the help of taste.com we are eating way yummier meals than before (And its not all mince haha)

Each fortnight i sit down and troll through all my saved recipes on taste and pick out some new and old favourites, work out what ingredients we don't have for the recipes and start the list.

Anyways yesterday was my day of school snack/work snack baking and i decided to try a new recipe for Veggie Pancakes and it was so good that i thought i'd share.
(None of them actually made it into the freezer to be used for school/work snacks so i'm going to have to make another batch.)

Vegetable Pancakes

Insanely good.

I didn't follow the recipe to a tee. I kinda chucked in what i had so some zucchini, carrot, light cheese, skim milk and some mushrooms cos i didn't have any corn on hand, pepper/salt and I doubled the milk amount instead of yoghurt only because i didn't have any and the baking powder really added to the making of the crispy outside but moist inside.

If you use oil to cook them in just use a little then pop on paper towel so the oil is sucked out and the crispness stays. Or you can do it with the spray oil so its healthier again. (i did a combo of both)

The kids even loved them which is saying something for mine who consider most green vegetables to be evil.

2 comments:

  1. I have meal planned for about 8 years now (wow anal much!!) I love it.

    I also have a big cooking day for the working/daycare week and its great hey!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound really tasty! I'm glad the kids liked them too.

    We meal plan and I don't think I could function without it. lol! I'm also trying to cook a fair portion of my food from scratch now. It's a great challenge, but very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete